With the hassle of Christmas coming to an end and New Years Eve approaching, now might be the only time you have to find that perfect outfit for your night out.
Depending on what you have planned, creating an outfit might be easier than you think.
Before going to the mall and emptying your wallet, try looking through your closet.
Here are some things you are looking for…
1) Do you have a dress a previously wore around a different group of friends?
2) Do you have a little-black-dress you can accessorize differently and completely change the overall style of?
If you answered yes to the questions above then save your money and consider recycling something you’ve wore before.
This can also apply to a pair of classic black shorts or a little black skirt, in which case all you’d need to do is find a fun, flirty top to wear with it.
Now, in the situation where you have NOTHING to wear, then buy a cocktail dress. But follow these three rules…
1) Pick something that you can get more than one use out of, NYE is one night and most people won’t remember what you wore anyways.
2) Pick something you’re comfortable in! I can’t stress this enough, New Years Eve is supposed to be a night filled with fun and dancing, so make sure you can move.
3) Finally, NYE can be a sloppy night for some, make sure you pick something of appropriate length so you’re not giving away too much for people to see on Instagram the next morning (back up plan, wear tight shorts under your dress).
If you follow this simple guide, I’m sure you’ll be fine. The perk of shopping so last minute? There are a lot of sales happening, so you can snatch yourself a great deal.